Originally posted at: http://nwdigitalradio.com/9-6kpalousa/
It's time to move from 1200 bauds (it's been 38 years).
NW Digital Radio will setup a test bench at the Northwest APRS Summer Gathering (Sep 9-11 at Valley Camp) to help get stations operating at 9600 baud packet. This is your opportunity to get your equipment up and running on 9.6K packet.
We will have spectrum analyzers and deviation measurement equipment setup to make sure your configuration is optimal.
Bring your 9.6K capable hardware or software TNC, your radio, connection cables, and documentation on adjusting the radio's deviation and TNC levels.
If you don't have a 9.6K capability. We will be offering the UDRC for sale on site (or pre-order).
You need to provide:
- A Raspberry Pi 2 or 3
- A 9600 baud packet capable radio with appropriate cable
- Mini Din 6 on the UDRC to your radio's interface
- We will bring a soldering station if you need to put a connector on a Mini Din 6 cable,
- A micro SD Card, preloaded with Compass Linux and direwolf
- We can load your SD Card on site.
- Power supply for radio and Raspberry Pi (5V 3A recommended)
There will also be examples of messaging applications as well as APRS applications available for running on the Raspberry Pi.
John D. Hays
Post a Comment